I am the conqueror of hearts.
I want to plant my Cross there.
Bouasse Lebel
This recalls the beautiful words of St. Cathrine of Sienna “We were the ground where the banner of his 
Holy Cross was set.”   And it echoes the words from the Bible: "He  brought me to the  banqueting house, and
his banner over me was love."  Song of Solomon 4:5
In the Eastern Church, the icon of Christ Emmanuel depicts Jesus Christ, fully God and fully man. 
 Through the icon, we contemplate  the mystery of the two natures (human nature and divine nature) 
in one Person. His forehead is large,  His expression at once sweet and serious. This holy card carries the sense of the Orthodox icon:  "Behold the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and his name shall 
be called Emmanuel, which being interpreted is God with us." Matthew 1:23